Wednesday 14 July 2010

Thanks Rupert

Just went to London to meet someone I met on the Internet. Well, it wasn't quite like that. I met Rupert at the HUBB meeting in Derby. Rupert has been around the world on a BMW 1200 GS and he, very generously, got in touch and offered to meet up and chat about it. I went down to London last night, he picked me up on his GS and we went to a pub. He showed me the potential problems I might have with a GS and gave me a couple of tips which will ho doubt help. Thanks a million Rupert!

Other than that I'm really just waiting to go. I've sorted out some bike insurance with Progressive, which was the last thing on my list and am all ready to go.

This will be of no interest to anyone else but I thought I would list my packing list here. I've tried to keep it to a minimum, and hope I won't be taking too much but if I list it here I can reference it later to see whether I took too much or not. (I said it wouldn't interest anyone else)

Clothes:

Shirts (2)
Trousers (1)
Socks and pants (3)
Sun hat
Sandals
Training Shoes
Fleece
Swimming trunks
Thermals
Waterproofs

Bike Gear:

Helemt/balaclava
Bike Jacket
Gloves
Boots
Helmet
Trousers


Toiletries:
Washbag
Travel towel

Bbedroom:
Tent
Sleeping bag
Liner
Mat
Pillow
Torch

Kitchen:

Cooker
Spork
Pan
Mug
Washing up stuff


Library:

Passport
Visa/Mastercards
Cash
PADI
Driving License and IDP
Dummy wallet
Netbook
Haynes manual
Photocopies of docs.

Misc:

Bike spares
Toolkit
Camera
First Aid kit
Books
Maps
radio
Phone
iPod
Leatherman knife
Sunglasses
ear plugs
Bumbag
Mone belt
various padlocks and straps.

oh yeah and a BMW motorbike!

No comments:

Post a Comment