Wednesday 14 April 2010

It's been a busy (and expensive) week.

It's not fun spending money but I've been doing a lot of it this week. I bought a Hein Gericke motorbiking jacket, a pair of BMW "zippy" biking trousers, and Tracy has been buying some bike gear too. Although she has to get childrens gear as her head and feet ar so small!

Tomorrow I have an appointment at Alt-berg to have a pair of biking/hiking boots made. Expensive but I hope very comfy. It's a little weird shopping for stuff. I've spend a lot on trousers, jacket and boots, but as I expect to live in them for a year they need to be good quality.

I've also, almost bought a bike. Nicole at Motoquest, Anchorage, has emaield me pictures of a BMW 1200GS which looks good to me. I've just tried emailing her back to say I will buy it. But my email bounced back. Should I be worried?

I've also bought a netbook (ASUS 1080) which should arrive this week. And, most importnatly, yesterday ay 9:45 a.m. my passport arrived with my US Visa.

Straight away I got onto the net and tried to book my flight to Alaksa. Annoyingly, the cheaper flight (£620) had gone, so I had to spend £100 more booking two seperate flights. First I booked on the Condor flight from Frankfurt to Anchorage. Then I booked the early morning flight from Heathrow to Frankfurt. I then had a panick as I realised I hadn't left enough time to get from one flight to the other (As I'm going to the US I'll need at least two hours to check in) So I had to phone Lufthansa up and cancel the flight. I then booked a flight from Birmingham to Frankfurt on the saturday and a hotel at Frankfurt airport for the saturday night. Much more sensibe.

So I leave the UK at 18:20 on saturday 24th July.

Today I started to arrnage vaccinations. I've had all the regular ones, but now need Yellow Fever and Rabies. Yellow Fever (certificate) may be necessay for certain places. Rabies I was in two minds about. It costs £100 but i decided I'd rather have it than need it. (I must be getting old - I used tot ravel without even thinking about vaccinations or even insurance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment