Saturday 2 October 2010

Thanks Chico BMW

Well, I never did leave Chico on Thursday. The guys at Chico BMW worked on my bike all day. They replaced the triple clamp, front rotor blades and fine tuned the valves so she now sounds a whole lot better. Frustrating and expensive but I really couldn't have asked for a nicer bunch of guys to have do the job. They were all friendly and helpful and even let me sit in on the job and have a go at adjusting the valves myself (should I ever need to try to do it). I actually had a very enjoyable day.

Adjusting the valve clearance
So that's what it looks like...


I'm still very annoyed and upset with Alaska Riders and have just written them a letter telling them that I've had to spend well over $5000 getting problems fixed that I really shouldn't have. The final drive was not maintained in Alaska and the cracked triple clamp is indicative of a crashed bike. This was a serious problem as it could have caused me to crash which cornering – something I've been doing a lot of these last few days.

Anyway, enough of this negative talk. I'm got a great couple of weeks ahead of me and I'm determined to enjoy myself. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment